Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hey Genius its rapist not raper

I had an ill thought out correction from a loyal reader concerning the use of language today. I'm not certain which post the corrector was correcting but I do know that his/her correction was uncertain. Apparently I had made some reference to the recent abduction of the boys in Missouri and used the term child raper. The reader preferred the term rapist. To me it's a distinction without a difference. The next statement was a question about where I had been educated "...where did you go public school?" the unfortunate answer is no. I spent 12 years of confinement in the Catholic School System where, even with a superior IQ, I did poorly.

I love comments from readers no matter what the content: we all like to think we are smarter than everyone else. In fact, in most cases, nothing could be further from the truth. All this not withstanding, thanks for reading and thanks for commenting.

No comments: